UTeach STEM Educators Association
The UTeach STEM Educators Association (USEA) will hold an executive board meeting on Monday, September 14, 2015, at 4 p.m. The meeting will take in the O’Donnell Conference Room at the National Math and Science Initiative offices in Dallas, Texas. USEA members are welcome to submit agenda items for the board to address here. The deadline to submit an agenda item is September 4, 2015. For questions please contact USEA manager, Carrie Culpepper, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to introduce the UTeach STEM Educators Association (USEA), established by the UTeach Professional Association Advisory Committee and the UTeach Institute in 2014. USEA is dedicated to maintaining and strengthening the connections between UTeach partner programs across the country and to supporting your alumni in long-term careers as successful STEM teachers.
Welcome and thank you to our founding members! USEA gives UTeach partner programs and alumni a platform to sustain and disseminate our continued innovations and successes in STEM teacher preparation. Learn more about the benefits of membership.
Developing STEM literacy for all students through innovation and excellence in university-based teacher education.
- Create a community of UTeach programs and stakeholders through networks, opportunities, and resources that support them to thrive in their universities, schools, and communities.
- Continuous improvement of the UTeach curriculum and model through analysis of program and graduate data and the application of current research-based, cutting-edge best practices.
- Advocate for effective university-based STEM teacher preparation and the importance of STEM education.
- Facilitate the establishment of a national research agenda for STEM instruction and assessment.
- Partner with other organizations to provide ongoing research-based professional development to university faculty and staff as well as alumni and in-service STEM teachers to ensure the highest-quality STEM teachers for our nation’s students.
UTeach partner programs from Cohorts 1 and 2 and their alumni are eligible for membership at this time.
Program Membership: Institutions of higher education that have established UTeach programs (membership dues: $3,000/year)
Alumni Membership: Individuals who have completed UTeach programs
(membership dues: complimentary)
Affiliate Membership: Institutions or organizations that are interested in the mission of the association, including but not limited to:
- Institutions of higher education that do not have UTeach programs
- K-12 schools and school districts, education organizations, and other not-for-profit entities
- For-profit corporations, commercial companies, centers, etc.
September 1 - August 31
Contact the USEA Manager Carrie Culpepper.