UTeach STEM Educators Association
Anticipating the opportunity to keep all UTeach programs connected and strong beyond the initial four-year grant-funded implementation period, the UTeach Institute launched a two-year pilot program to create a permanent and sustainable national network of UTeach programs and alumni. We are proud to introduce the UTeach STEM Educators Association (USEA), established by the UTeach Professional Association Advisory Committee.
- Volunteer to serve on the USEA Executive Board! Submit your nomination by September 30.
- Submit an agenda item for the Fall USEA Executive Board Meeting.
Developing STEM literacy for all students through innovation and excellence in university-based teacher education.
- Create a community of UTeach programs and stakeholders through networks, opportunities, and resources that support them to thrive in their universities, schools, and communities.
- Continuous improvement of the UTeach curriculum and model through analysis of program and graduate data and the application of current research-based, cutting-edge best practices.
- Advocate for effective university-based STEM teacher preparation and the importance of STEM education.
- Facilitate the establishment of a national research agenda for STEM instruction and assessment.
- Partner with other organizations to provide ongoing research-based professional development to university faculty and staff as well as alumni and in-service STEM teachers to ensure the highest-quality STEM teachers for our nation’s students.
UTeach partner programs from Cohorts 1 and 2 and their alumni will be eligible for membership initially, and information about how to sign up will be available this summer.
Program Membership: Institutions of higher education that have established UTeach programs (membership dues: $3,000/year)
Alumni Membership: Individuals who have completed UTeach programs
(membership dues: complimentary)
Affiliate Membership: Institutions or organizations that are interested in the mission of the association, including but not limited to:
- Institutions of higher education that do not have UTeach programs
- K-12 schools and school districts, education organizations, and other not-for-profit entities
- For-profit corporations, commercial companies, centers, etc.
(membership dues: to be determined)
September 1 - August 31
Contact the UTeach Institute Professional Association Coordinator Julia O’Donnell.