UTeach STEM Educators Association
Anticipating the opportunity to keep all UTeach programs connected and strong beyond the initial four-year grant-funded implementation period, the UTeach Institute launched a two-year pilot program to create a permanent and sustainable national network of UTeach programs and alumni. We are proud to introduce the UTeach STEM Educators Association (USEA), established by the UTeach Professional Association Advisory Committee.
Developing STEM literacy for all students through innovation and excellence in university-based teacher education.
- Create a community of UTeach programs and stakeholders through networks, opportunities, and resources that support them to thrive in their universities, schools, and communities.
- Continuously improve the UTeach curriculum and model through the application of current research-based, cutting-edge best practices.
- Advocate for effective university-based STEM teacher preparation and the importance of STEM education.
- Establish a national research agenda for STEM instruction and assessment.
- Provide ongoing research-based professional development to university faculty and staff as well as alumni and in-service STEM teachers to ensure the highest-quality STEM teachers for our nation’s students.
UTeach partner programs from Cohorts 1 and 2 and their alumni will be eligible for membership initially, and information about how to sign up will be available this summer.
Program Membership: Institutions of higher education that have established UTeach programs (membership dues: $3,000/year)
Alumni Membership: Individuals who have completed UTeach programs
(membership dues: complimentary)
Affiliate Membership: Institutions or organizations that are interested in the mission of the association, including but not limited to:
- Institutions of higher education that do not have UTeach programs
- K-12 schools and school districts, education organizations, and other not-for-profit entities
- For-profit corporations, commercial companies, centers, etc.
(membership dues: to be determined)
September 1 - August 31
Contact the UTeach Institute Professional Association Coordinator Julia O’Donnell.